Graduation Information Brochure (coming soon)
Graduate Line-Up Map (coming soon)
First Commencement Info Letter (coming soon)
Final Commencement Info Letter (coming soon)
Commencement Ceremony Online Viewing (coming soon)
Checklist for Graduation
- ALL graduation candidates must file an Application for Graduation with the Office of the Registrar. Undergraduate candidates must have a total of 90+ credit hours upon applying for a bachelor degree. Master candidates must have a total of 30+ credit hours upon applying, and doctoral candidates must meet credit hours set by their specific department.
The application can be completed online or you may pick one up in the Office of the Registrar. Once you have completed your application, your academic advisor will be notified; however, it is your responsibility to set up an appointment with your advisor to complete a degree audit.
- If your graduation date changes after you have submitted your application, contact the Graduation Coordinator by email or phone: (317) 788-3220.
- Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours
- Earn the last 30 semester hours of coursework (not including credit-by-examination or self-acquired competency through portfolio) at the University of Indianapolis.
- Earn a grade point average of 1.7 or above in the general education core.
- Attain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Earn at least one-third of the required hours in the major at University of Indianapolis.
- Satisfactorily complete one designated Spring Term course if enrolled full-time for two consecutive semesters in an academic year. (Students who transfer 60 hours or more to UIndy and who are full-time during only the final year of a program are exempt from this requirement).
- Satisfy all requirements, including grade requirements, for the specific degree program as outlined on the official major/program curriculum or requirement guide. (School or department brochures or curriculum or requirement guides should be consulted for additional information).
- Questions regarding any of the above need to be addressed with your academic advisor within the Center for Advising and Student Achievement, Schwitzer Student Center 206.
- All potential candidates must settle outstanding financial obligations prior to the week of graduation. Unpaid balances may be paid here. You will need your student ID number and PIN to login and make payment. Once your account has been paid, please contact the Accounting Office at (317) 788-3221 to have your records released. Please note there will be a two week delay in releasing your records if payment is made with a personal check or using the ACH payment method.
Latin Honor Requirements
Latin Honors are awarded at the commencement ceremony to baccalaureate degree candidates. The awards are made on the basis of the cumulative grade point averages of students who have earned at least 60 hours* at the University of Indianapolis at the time of graduation.
*Hours for courses that a student takes with no traditional letter grade assigned will not be used in determining these honors.
Summa Cum Laude is awarded for a grade point average of 3.85 or higher.
Magna Cum Laude is awarded for a grade point average of at least 3.65 but less than 3.85.
Cum Laude is awarded for a grade point average of at least 3.45 but less than 3.65.
Latin Honors are noted below the graduate's name within the commencement program and are based on the graduate's cumulative grade point average at the conclusion of Semester I of the academic year for graduation. Latin Honors noted on the graduate's transcript are based on the graduate's cumulative grade point average at the conclusion of the degree program.
Graduates will be informed at a later date if the Latin Honor noted in the commencement program has been changed from the Latin Honor at the conclusion of the degree program.
Mark your Calendar
- October 7, 2016: Graduation Application Deadline
- December 17, 2016: End of Semester I
- February 6, 2017: 1st Graduation Informational Letter w/RSVP card
- March 3, 2017: Commencement RSVP deadline
- April 3, 2017: Final Graduation Informational Letter
- May 6, 2017: Doctoral, Master and Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
11:00 a.m., Key Stadium
- TBA: Athletic Commencement Ceremony (ceremony for athletes competing in conference play during commencement weekend)
- Students graduating in August may participate in the May commencement ceremony, providing they will complete all necessary requirements within the summer session.
- All Diploma Name Change requests must be received no later than:
- November 28, 2016 (December Graduates)
- March 24, 2017 (May Graduates)
- July 7, 2017 (August Graduates)
- Students in absentia at the commencement ceremony should make prior arrangements by contacting the Graduation Coordinator by email or phone: (317) 788-3220 regarding receipt of their diploma.
- NEW POLICY (effective May 7, 2013): This following policy applies ONLY to students enrolled in the School for Adult Learning at the University of Indianapolis:
Beginning the fall of the academic year 2013-2014, students who are planning on taking any type of Prior Learning Assessment, such as CLEP or DSST test, competency exams, or portfolios, must do so the term prior to their graduation term. For example: If you plan on graduating in May 2015, the very latest you may take a prior learning assessment is Semester I, 2014-2015. You will not be able to take any prior learning assessments in the term that you graduate.
If you have questions, please contact one of the sources below:
- Announcements - Patrick Cavazos, Herff-Jones, (317) 578-8130 or email@example.com
- Regalia - UIndy Bookstore, (317) 788-3228
- Class Rings - Sue Goodson, Jostens Ring Division, (317) 888-7078
- Graduation requirements and degree audits - Academic Advisor, (317) 788-2057
- Ceremony, special seating and general information - Graduation Coordinator, email or phone: (317) 788-3220
Detailed Commencement Info
For detailed commencement information, please click here.